The USB Power Bank STEM kit is perfect for students 8 and older. It comes with a student workbook, teacher workbook, battery pack, parts and STL design template files.
Students and teachers alike, we all hate when the battery goes flat on our phone, MP3 player or other portable devices! In this project, students will design, print and build their very own USB Power Bank by learning about 2D drawings and then using online CAD software to design parts for the project. This is a great STEM project for teachers to do further lessons exploring topics such as 2D drawings, electrical energy storage and voltage conversion.
The detailed teaching and activity booklets support the learning process for students, making the design process easy to understand and follow. The booklets help them to put their maths and dimensional measurement skills into action and guide them through designing, printing and building.
Each pack includes:
- USB power bank electronics kit
- Student workbook
- Base CAD file for students to base their design off
- Example concept file for teachers to print
- Teachers guidebook (included for class packs of 6+)
Example STEM class lessons include:
- 2D mathematical drawings
- Applications of electrical energy storage
- How voltage conversion works
- Electrical diagrams and circuit diagrams
- Electricity (e.g. voltage, current, resistance, etc.)
- Manufacturing processes of electronic parts
Please note: kit does not include batteries.